The Cooperativa Agrícola del Perelló entity was established in 1957 thanks to the effort and determination of a group of farmers from our village, who wanted to take control of the means of production, transformation and commercialization of the fruits coming from their lands so as to get the best reward from the fruits and in order to see their always underestimated work valued.
Provided with their own hands and rudimentary tools, the founding members started to put up a cooperative building which had to include an oil mill, a wine cellar and a warehouse for the carobs and almonds, fruits that could be sold when the prices where at their higher point.
By the 1962 the cooperative building already had the current appearance, despite all through the eighties, when the entity was at its golden age, the warehouses for the carobs, almonds, fertilizers and phytosanitary products were extended.
Changes in the mill
In 1991, the traditional oil mill (made of stones and esparto pressing mats) was replaced by a mill that allowed continuous oil removal, able to mill 24.000 kg of olives per day, which was replaced, ten years later, by another one able to mill 120.000kg of olive per day.
The Cooperative has also suffered the effects of the abandonment and losses in the farmer’s sector as well as the consequences of certain policies that contributed to the desertion of the wine growing, but the members persist in doing the work begun by the founders as well as we adapt our task to the new times and new needs.
Our aim is to elaborate high-quality products and we are strongly committed to do it in a respectful way towards the environment, while collaborating with other cooperatives and companies, so as to support both the local and foreign trade in a sustainable way.